Are you a senior who wants to stay in your home as you get older but you don’t know how well you will be able to manage if you develop more health issues? I am a senior like you and I would like to tell you how I have learned a coping procedure.
First of all you have to make your home ‘user friendly’. That means taking advantage of all the newest products developed for safety. As I write about this subject in the weeks to come I will tell you what I have learned and I encourage you to contribute ideas of your own by going to my website and I will respond. The first thing to deal with is safety. What concerns do you have? Here is an initial list of usual problems.
- Trouble turning doorknobs, faucets, opening drawer.
- Vanity counters / sinks too low or too high (bending hurts your back).
- Toilet too low (and being able to ‘reach’ behind you is a solvable issue).
- Unsafe feeling in shower, tub,stairs.
- Difficult standing in shower.
If any of these concerns are troubling you, do let me know and I’ll mention a solution if possible. Enjoy the season what ever it is. There is pleasure to be found whatever the weather it is!